Mel is an Associate Director with 15 years of experience and qualifications in Urban Design and Regional Planning. Her experience includes award-winning work across a broad range of scales including master planning, greenfield development, strategic planning, project positioning, urban analysis and urban renewal.
Over her career, Mel has emerged as a leader in the areas of education and health campus master planning. Balancing strategic thinking with practical human-centric design, Mel has worked on a range of public and private sector projects that involve extensive collaboration across disciplines.
Mel led the preparation of the St Lucia Campus Master Plan for the University of Queensland, which has won several awards since its completion. She is currently leading the Brisbane City Centre Master Plan Part 1 and Interim Action Plan for BCC.
Mel is an advocate for equality in the community and workplace, as demonstrated by her dedicated membership on the Urbis’ Diversity and Inclusion Board. She is also an active board member of UDAL.
- Brisbane City Centre Master Plan and Interim Action Plan
- Mater Hospital South Brisbane Campus Master Plan
- University of Queensland St Lucia Campus Master Plan and Site Development Plan
- Toowoomba Hospital Master Plan
- Thomson River Master Plan, Longreach
- City Reach Master Plan
- Brisbane Airport Master Planning
- Springfield City Centre Repositioning
- University of Southern Queensland Statement of Future
- Brisbane Inner City Schools Strategy
- Transport Plan for Brisbane Gold Coast Heavy Rail
- Inner City North and South Enquiry by Design Workshops
- Queen Street Mall Tenancy Revitalisation
- Underwood Sports Precinct Brisbane River’s Edge Strategy and Public Realm Study
- Urban Context Reports for numerous CBD locations
- Rockhampton Botanic Gardens Master Plan
- Gold Coast Urban Elements Strategy