Mel is an Associate Director with 15 years’ experience and qualifications in Urban Design and Regional Planning. Her experience includes award-winning work across a broad range of scales including master planning, greenfield development, strategic planning, project positioning, transport, urban analysis and urban renewal.
Over her career Mel has emerged as a leader in the areas of education and health campus master planning, leading the multi-award-winning St Lucia Campus Master Plan for the University of Queensland, and the Master Hospital South Brisbane Campus Master Plan.
Balancing strategic thinking with practical human centric design, Mel has worked on a range of public and private sector projects that involve extensive collaboration across disciplines.
Mel also led the development of the Brisbane City Centre Master Plan 2032, Canberra City Centre Urban Design Framework, the ACT Urban Design and Housing Design Guides, cementing herself in strategic inner-city renewal projects.
- ACT Urban Design and Housing Design Guides
- Great Keppel Island Master Plan
- Canberra City Centre Urban Design Framework
- Brisbane City Centre Master Plan 2023
- University of Queensland St Lucia Campus Master Plan and Site Development Plan
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Master Plan
- Mater Hospital South Brisbane Campus Master Plan
- Toowoomba Hospital Master Plan
- Thomson River Master Plan, Longreach
- Rockhampton Botanic Gardens and Zoo
- Inner Northern Rail Interchange project
- Brisbane Airport Master Planning
- City Reach Master Plan
- Springfield City Centre Repositioning
- Brisbane Inner City Schools Strategy
- Transport Plan for Brisbane
- Gold Coast Heavy Rail
- Inner City North and South Vertical Schools Enquiry by Design Workshops
- Queen Street Mall Tenancy Revitalisation
- Underwood Sports Precinct
- Brisbane River’s Edge Strategy and Public Realm Study