Early engagement with stakeholders and the community helps to create shared ownership and a sense of trust. Urbis can help you deliver great places and outcomes for your project, business and the communities in which you operate.
We work with complexity to help create a common purpose and shape a shared vision for your project, policy or plan. Working with you, we deliver:
- Communication materials that clearly convey the facts and benefits of your proposal
- Traditional and social media strategies that reach your intended audience and enable you to lead the conversation
- Genuine insights and understanding of stakeholder sentiment based on evidence
- Design and facilitation of meetings, workshops, focus groups and strategic planning sessions to align stakeholder views and identify a path forward
- Media relations and crisis communications to manage critical issues
- Video content and graphic design that lands your message
- Emerging technologies to reach people who do not typically engage
- Comprehensive reports to support planning applications and environmental impact statements (EIS)
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Data analytics and community sentiment analysis.
Urbis works with clients, large and small, across a broad range of sectors:
Engagement is integrated with our industry-leading urban planning offer. We understand the legislative and regulatory requirements across state planning jurisdictions. Our job is to explain those requirements in plain English to communities and involve them in helping to shape the future.
We specialise in designing effective engagement strategies and communications collateral, facilitating meetings, workshops, Community Liaison Committees and pop-up events that reach your audience, generating genuine insights.
Urbis delivers a people-centred, participatory approach because we know great places are owned and shaped by people. We recognise the value in bringing together stakeholders and the community to co-design places, leading to a better quality of life.
Gaining a social licence to operate is critical for environmental planning projects. Urbis has a proficient understanding of the regulatory, risk, governance and public requirements for these projects.
Our team has extensive experience in engagement and communication for agricultural facilities, mining, water, gas and telecommunications infrastructure.
Engagement to support strategy and organisational development
Engaging stakeholders in the development of strategy and organisational change, our work enables people to be informed, energised and empowered to take an active role in their community.
Urbis’s approach is strategic and tailored to your organisation’s needs. We have also worked extensively with and for local, state and federal governments and private organisations, developing industry-leading engagement policies and frameworks that maximise community participation.
Urbis has unique expertise in managing engagement and communications to de-risk complex approvals for primary, secondary and tertiary educational facilities. We have a detailed understanding of both regulatory requirements and the contemporary design of learning spaces.
We can assist you with the planning approval process, providing early engagement and communications to ensure smooth project delivery, help gain community acceptance and manage approvals risk.