Peter Strudwick is a leading Town Planner with a passion for shaping great cities and communities.
His work focuses on strategic and statutory planning for government and private sector clients. Since joining Urbis in 2000, Peter has worked on a wide range of projects across the Sydney metropolitan area and throughout Regional NSW.
He draws on more than 25 years’ experience to best position each clients’ project, helping guide them through the planning process and maximise their development’s potential. This includes formulating rezoning and development approval strategies, creating planning instruments and advising on development feasibility.
Peter is proud to have been the project director for the University of Sydney’s Campus Master Plan, which includes projects with a total value of more than $1 billion. He has also led the development of key sites and precincts across Sydney, including Parramatta’s CBD and Sydney Olympic Park.
Projects Peter has been involved with include:
- Statutory planning advice, ‘positioning’ papers, pre-purchase due diligence and the preparation of planning reports for a variety of projects, including state significant projects, CBD towers, greenfield release areas and large urban renewal sites.
- Land-use structure plans and masterplans for residential and mixed use precincts, retirement villages and industrial projects. These include airport structure plans, ‘greenfield’ masterplans, and university and school campus masterplans.
- Project management or providing ‘lead consultant’ services for various retail ‘rollouts’, residential, aged-care/retirement, industrial and commercial projects.
- Land release and rezoning submissions including significant land tracts for residential projects, rural-residential projects and employment parks.
- Planning evidence and appearance as an expert witness in the Land and Environment Court.