Bruce is a qualified Town Planner with over 25 years experience in strategic and statutory planning and environmental impact assessment. He specialises in Western Sydney land release planning and is based at our Parramatta office.
He was formerly Director of Land Release at the NSW Department of Planning Industry and Environment. Spending more than ten years planning in the North West and South West Growth Centres, the Western Sydney Employment Area, the Aerotropolis LUIIP, Ingleside, Tuggerah Town Centre, Greater Macarthur Growth Area and Wilton New Town.
Bruce has extensive experience in government processes in relation to rezoning land and co-ordination of infrastructure and has worked closely with proponents through the Precinct Acceleration Process as well as Voluntary Planning Agreements.
In addition to land release projects, he has experience in urban renewal projects such as Glenfield and was Planning Manager at the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority overseeing The Rocks, Darling Harbour and the Australian Technology Park.
Career highlights include:
- The release and rezoning of 15,000 lots over 4,000 hectares including Oran Park, Gregory Hills, Marsden Park Industrial and Schofields.
- Preparation of the Broader Western Sydney Employment Area Structure Plan which led to the preparation of the Aerotropolis Land Use and Infrastructure Implementation Plan (LUIIP).
- Preparation and Release of Wilton 2040 and the rezoning of Wilton South East and Wilton North.
- Publication of Greater Macarthur 2040 which provides the future land use vision for the urban renewal precincts from Glenfield to Macarthur and the greenfield release areas from Gilead to Appin.
- Lead planner for the NSW government of the Western Sydney Airport environmental assessment.
- Key planning input into corridor identification and protection for the Outer Sydney Orbital, M12, South West rail line extension to Leppington and north south metro extension from St Marys to the Aerotropolis core.
- Mamre West