Riley is a multidisciplinary urban designer and strategic planner with a broad range of experience and understanding in both a planning and urban design context. His expertise is focused upon complex mixed use precinct master planning and urban renewal strategy, with strong experience in transport infrastructure planning and urban design.
He is an experienced team leader and has produced industry-leading outcomes for major projects such as the Townsville Hospital and Health & Knowledge Precinct Master Plan, The Herston Quarter Master Plan, the Bristol Temple Quarter Master Plan, the Gold Coast Light Rail, as well as a range of other local and international master planning, urban design and transport infrastructure projects. Riley recently lead the master planning team on the Townsville University Hospital and Health & Knowledge Precinct Master Plan giving him an industry-leading understanding of the complexities of dynamic mixed use clusters and their associated supportive infrastructure, complementary functions, populations and amenities.
His experience on the Bristol Temple Quarter Master Plan in the UK gave him the opportunity to develop a range of strategies in catalysing and facilitating urban renewal and strategically targeting investment in a challenging renewal environment, while also integrating a broad range of complementary functions.
Having worked on a broad range of complex mixed use precinct master plans both locally and internationally, Riley has an informed and balanced appreciation of the issues and opportunities currently facing the sector and subsequent appropriate design strategies.
Prior to returning to Brisbane in early 2019, Riley spent 2 years in London at Weston Williamson + Partners, where he was fortunate to work on high profile transport infrastructure and aviation projects, delivering projects everywhere from Canada to Dublin.
Master planning can be so much more than just slates and spaces. It’s about bringing the needs, values and drivers of our clients into the real world – where strategy meets reality.
- Townsville University Hospital and Health & Knowledge Precinct Master Plan, Townsville, Australia
- TropiQ Intelligence & Health Precinct Master Plan Vision, Townsville, Australia
- Herston Quarter Precinct Master Plan, Brisbane, Australia
- Bristol Temple Quarter Masterplan, Bristol, UK
- Toronto Pearson Airport Terminal Processor and Regional Transit Centre Master Plan, Toronto, Canada
- South Bank Parklands Strategic Framework, Brisbane, Australia
- Brisbane Inner City Strategy, Brisbane Australia
- Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3A + 3B Corridor Urban Design Framework, Gold Coast, Australia
- Canberra City and Northbourne Avenue Corridor Urban Design Framework, Canberra, Australia
- Sunshine Coast Urban Corridor Public Realm Strategy, Sunshine Coast, Australia
- University of Newcastle Callaghan, City Campus, Ourimbah & Gosford Campus Master Plans, Newcastle, Australia
- Monash University Malaysia Master Plan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Queensland University of Technology Gardens PointCampus Urban Design and Planning Study, Brisbane, Australia
- University of New South Wales Master Plan, Sydney, Australia
- Royal New Zealand Police College Master Plan, Porirua, New Zealand
- Caloundra South (Aura) Master Plan, Caloundra, Australia