Richard is a leading economist and public policy specialist with over 25 years’ experience across Australia, New Zealand, the US, the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
He is recognised for his capacity to interpret and analyse global economic, financial and social trends and policy developments in the context of their relevance to Australasia.
Richard is recognised as a specialist who can ‘walk the talk’, and has a strong commitment to the provision of holistic research and advice that considers socio-economic and behavioural impacts on all the respective stakeholders.
Among recent highlights, Richard lists his launch and establishment of Macquarie Group’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Research and Advisory Services; over 8 years as an external advisor to the Australian House of Representatives Standing Committee on Economics; and as a non-executive director in the NFP sector, the establishment of Youth Off the Streets National Youth Outreach Programs and launch of a National Mobile Youth Learning Centre for regional and remote communities.
Richard’s project highlights:
- Economic Analysis of the Canberra Airport 2020 Masterplan (Canberra Airport Pty Ltd)
- The Economic Impact of the 2019-20 Bushfires on Local Businesses (Business Council of Australia)
- NEOM Economic and Spatial Plan Strategy (NEOM – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- MiSK City Economic and Catalytic Investment Impact Assessment (MiSK City – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Bankstown City Campus Socio-Economic Impact Assessment (Western Sydney University)
- Beveridge (North Melbourne) Intermodal Freight Terminal Economic and Social Impact Analysis (Qube Holdings Ltd)
- Household Resilience Program Benefit Assessment (QLD Department of Housing and Public Works)
- Evaluation of the Contribution of Regional Investment Initiatives to Job Creation (WA Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development)
- Regulatory Mapping Study – Vegetable Food Processing Facility Inbound Investment (Austrade, Canberra)