Ian Shimmin is a leading independent advisor with over 40 years’ experience in applied property economics and market research throughout Australia and New Zealand.
As Urbis’ national economics and property leader in the retail and mixed-use sector, Ian has a strong focus on retail real estate and the nexus value of the multitude of uses that are typically part of a mixed use environment.
Ian and the national retail and mixed-use team provide advice on major transactions and developments, site location and network strategies, shopping centre performance improvement initiatives, highest and best use analysis, and comprehensive master planning for clients throughout Australia and overseas.
Ian also organises and leads the Urbis International Study Tours, which explore retail and mixed-use property innovations, trends, and ideas from around the globe. Recent tours have included a multitude of locations throughout North America, UK, Europe and Asia.
He also leads the data, knowledge and innovation team within Urbis’ Economics and Property service.
- Master planning – retail and mixed-use
- Market analysis and forecasting
- Retail sales and rental income forecasting
- Asset plan forecasting
- Highest and Best Use analysis
- Need, demand and impact assessments
- Due Diligence – Market, performance, forecasts, and risks
- Performance improvement and expansion strategies for shopping centres
- Portfolio reviews
- Site location analysis and network strategies
- Foot traffic studies based on human movement data (HMD) analytics
- Cinema market and box office analysis
- Peer reviews
- Expert evidence