Urbis monitors the continuing changes to the planning landscape and the implications this has on our clients’ business. Key updates are posted on our website.
The following matters are ‘on the radar’ for early 2016:
The Greater Sydney Commission
- New policy and decision makers- the appointment of the District Commissioners and the Sydney Planning Panel.
- The timing of new Councils and the transition arrangements for matters such as VPA negotiations and certainty in project approvals.
New District Plans
- The upcoming public exhibition of draft District Plans- these will shape new local Policy and LEP changes.
- Upcoming precinct and structure plans across Sydney, including the finalization of plans for Western Sydney and Central to Eveleigh.
Central City Planning Review
- A review of the City’s land use and floor space controls
Heritage Floor Space Allocation Scheme
- New mechanisms to increase the City’s HFS supply and to allow alternative arrangements to expedite the approval process.
Biodiversity Legislation Review
- Introduction of a draft NSW Biodiversity Act to replace current environmental legislation for native vegetation and threatened species
Please contact our Urbis Directors to discuss these upcoming changes or any other queries: