We were interested in many of the changes discussed and encourage you to review the formal release.
Key highlights include:
- Exemption to industrial development (eg warehouse) may opt-out of the DAP regardless of value
- DAP agenda released seven days in advance, which will ensure it is always available over the weekend
- LG required to inform any person who has made a submission that the matter is on an agenda and confirm the meeting date
- More transparency about why decisions are made, particularly if contrary to the recommendations set out in the Responsible Authority Report
- More support from the Department of Planning to local government
- DAP presiding members can direct the council to restart stop the clock
- Post the decision an applicant can elect whether a modification to a DAP decision under R17 is determined by the DAP or can choose to go back to local government for modifications
- DAP member can be removed by the Honourable Minister if they have not had appropriate training
- Department to improve the legibility and accessibility of the DAP website, in a manner that is yet to be determined
Urbis is looking forward to these reforms being implemented.
This article originally appeared on LinkedIn on 13 October 2016
For more information on the DAP review or how Urbis can help on your next project, contact one of our WA Planning experts.