The Queensland Government has released the Advancing Our Cities and Regions Strategy this week, intended to deliver positive community outcomes, better jobs, and economic growth.
The key details are:
- The strategy targets surplus and underutilised state-owned sites identified by Property Queensland that offer significant redevelopment opportunities.
- The strategy identifies opportunities relating to:
- The Cross River Rail project;
- Future urban renewal and infill development in South East Queensland and regional cities;
- Development of health and knowledge precincts around existing hospitals and universities;
- Housing renewal and integration precincts to promote ageing in place and increase social housing provision; and
- Identification and delivery of renewable energy development.