Nik Wheeler is a commercially minded town planning professional with wide-ranging and international experience, having worked in both the public and private sectors.
He has helped to deliver schemes of all scales for a variety of clients across many development sectors including projects with developers, asset managers, retailers, house builders, industrial occupiers and strategic land promoters.
Nik worked with the largest UK retailer for ten years, as a trusted planning advisor on their national portfolio.
Since moving to Australia, Nik has immersed himself in the NSW planning system and helped deliver numerous projects for a range of clients across Sydney.
Nik’s career highlights include:
- John Street, Mascot – Secured consent for a new 11 storey residential apartment building in Mascot for a private client.
- Scottish Hospital, Paddington Secured consent for a S75W modification application relating to the provision of a new aged care and independent living units at this heritage listed site.
- Regiment Site, Darlington – Secured consent for a new student accommodation block comprising 616 bedrooms, teaching facilities and amenities on behalf of Sydney University.
- Retail Clients, Various – Currently retained by Mirvac and Dexus to provide planning advice and progress planning applications at various shopping centres across NSW.
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground (UK) – Worked for a consortium that secured the long-term future of the Ashes Test Venue, through securing consent for a new large scale retail superstore which cross-funded the redevelopment of the ground.