Julia’s urban design capabilities extend from the preparation of initial concepts and built form massing for individual sites, to master planning urban renewal and growth area precincts. She has both led and prepared several structure plans, built form and urban design frameworks to guide growth and development of urban renewal precincts, transit centres and existing activity centres.
Julia is highly experienced in advising clients on the urban design aspects of development proposals.
This includes urban design advice on appropriate site layout and built form to inform site acquisition and architectural design, and expert evidence to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
She also has extensive experience peer reviewing urban design related planning scheme amendments for both authorities and landowners.
She has solid experience at Planning Panels Victoria, which involves the preparation of expert evidence, presentation and cross examination at the hearing.
Julia’s Project Experience:
- Former High Gasworks Master Plan, Melbourne
- Elsternwick South Urban Renewal Area Master Plan, Melbourne
- Redfern Housing Estate Master Plan, Sydney
- Caulfield Activity Centre Built Form and Public Realm Concepts, Melbourne
- Lilydale Built Form Framework, Melbourne
- Glen Huntly Road MAC Built Form Framework, Melbourne
- Heidelberg Road Corridor Built Form Framework, Melbourne
- Victoria Street and Bridge Road Built Form Framework, Melbourne
- Postcode 3081 (Heidelberg West) UDF, Melbourne
- Eltham and Diamond Creek Structure Plans, Melbourne
- Hawksburn Structure Plan, Melbourne