The contribution this festival makes to the life and vibrancy of Brisbane is truly outstanding. Urbis is once again in 2017 proud to sponsor the Brisbane Festival.
As city and community shapers, we are passionate about supporting programs and projects that celebrate our cities and open them to the world. The contribution this festival makes to the life and vibrancy of Brisbane over its three weeks in September is truly outstanding. Urbis is once again proud to sponsor the Brisbane Festival.
Our Festival experience will take us to QPAC and GOMA, to the Riverstage, the Brisbane Powerhouse, the iconic Tivoli Theatre celebrating its 100th year, to La Boite Theatre, Cremorne Theatre, to the Spiegeltent in Southbank, to City Hall and, in a spectacular grand finale, the Brisbane River itself becomes the stage for the magnificent Riverfire fireworks display.
It is an outstanding program ahead, with particular highlights including
- “Terror” – …a thrilling courtroom drama that has been stirring debate across the globe”;
- “Under Siege” – Yang Liping Contemporary Dance tells the story of the epic battle between the Han and Chu dynasties in China;
- “Limbo Unhinged” – “Limbo is back, and it’s bigger, bolder and more seductive than ever”;
- “Laser Beak Man”; An exhibition of artworks from internationally acclaimed Brisbane artist Tim Sharp;
- “Fun House” – another production from ‘Strut and Fret’ in the vein of cabaret meets acrobatics;
- “Chef: Come dine with us” –2 rival sous chefs compete in the ultimate cooking show, combining beatboxing and breakdancing, acrobatic displays and “…pure visual delights”;
- And for the audiophiles, Music – A host of international and local acts strut their stuff this year, including London Grammar, Megan Washington and the QSO, The Preatures, Angus and Julia Stone, “The Aints play the Saints” (for those old enough, Ed Keupper from Brisbane’s very own seminal punk rock band The SaintFs revisiting the band’s original material); Regurgitator (performing the Velvet Underground’s The Velvet Underground), and Ali Barter.