Matthew Schneider is a respected town planning consultant, strategic advisor, project lead and company director and a passionate Gold Coaster.
Matthew’s work is focused on the Gold Coast but extends across Queensland and New South Wales. He leads the Gold Coast office of national property advisory firm, Urbis, working principally with private sector clients and government authorities and he regularly appears as an expert in the Queensland Planning and Environment Court.
Matthew has secured approvals for many of the Gold Coast’s projects including mixed-use, residential, tourism, retail and industry projects across the city as well as leading some of the city’s most influential strategic planning projects with the City of Gold Coast. In addition to his work leading the Gold Coast’s $5.5B property sector, he holds a keen interest in a range of business ventures, arts and culture, sport, education and community initiatives.
He is an active participant in industry debate, policy development and events, regularly contributing to professional papers, seminar presentations and media.
Matthew is passionate about shaping the future of the Gold Coast and seeks to contribute through a number of other appointments in addition to his role at Urbis. His appointments presently include:
- Chair of the Property Council of Australia Gold Coast Committee;
- Non-Executive Director – Southport Sharks;
- Adjunct Industry Fellow – Griffith University Cities Research Institute;
- Gold Coast Music Advisory Group member;
- Gold Coast Light Rail Business Advisory Group member;
- Bond University Property Industry Advisory Committee member;
- Study Gold Coast Business Advisory Board member;
- Top 100 Women in Construction Advisory Board member;
- City Heart Task Force Executive Member; and
- Lacey Group Advisory Committee member.