Alison Brown is an astute urban planner with more than two decades’ experience.
She joined Urbis in 2014 with a background in consulting town planning and tourism property advisory, and helps clients in the public and private sectors resolve complex and challenging planning issues. Alison has a Master of Planning and Bachelor of Management (Tourism).
At Urbis, Alison is a trusted advisor to a number of blue chip clients, advising on development opportunities, site selection, due diligence and approval strategies. She also works closely with Urbis’s property economists, urban designers and real estate advisors to help clients realise the optimum value for their property. Retail and town centres are a particular area of interest.
Alison’s recent highlights include her work on Central Barangaroo, design competition and approvals for GPT’s new office tower in Parramatta, NEXTDC data centres rollout; and providing advice to government on planning and regulatory frameworks.
Alison’s career highlights include:
- Development opportunities and acquisition advice to listed development companies, and portfolio due diligence analysis.
- Multi-stage site selection and critical evaluation of proposals in relation to two Big 4 Bank head office facilities.
- Strategic advice to Government on Regulatory Frameworks (Austrade), Activity Centres (DPE), and Transport Uplift (Sydney Metro).
- Long term roles as lead planner for masterplan, precinct plan and DA approvals, advice and strategic representations at Central Barangaroo, Rouse Hill Regional Centre, Jacksons Landing Pyrmont, & Sydney Science Park.
- Extensive experience in retail shopping centre development, monitoring of competitive impacts and Centres policy.
- Advice and approvals on large scale residential and commercial projects, data centres, private hospitals, correctional centres (including site selection), entertainment facilities and major events.