Simon Gunasekara is an experienced town planning professional with a passion and focus for delivering outcomes on large scale projects which will make long term impact on our cities.
Simon has a proven ability to manage the delivery of a broad range of projects that include commercial, retail, mixed use, tourism and government developments, and strategic planning for urban growth.
Simon specialises in leading the management of international and local design competitions and securing a variety of large scale approvals across many major centres in Sydney. He is well versed at negotiating complex projects and managing relationships across multiple tiers of government, external agencies and key stakeholders for successful project outcomes.
Simon has a strong client focus to maintain and grow client relationships. He is an advocate for best practice and knowledge sharing across the property industry and is currently the National Chair of the Urban Land Institutes Young Leaders Group in Australia.
- Atlassian Central, Sydney –Design Competition and SSDA – Atlassian
- 110-122 Walker Street, North Sydney – Development Application and Planning Advisor – Stockland
- 5 and 7 Parramatta Square – Development Applications -City of Parramatta Council
- 4-6 Bligh Street, Sydney –Design Competition & SSDA preparation – Recap Investments
- Inner Sydney High School –SSDA – Department of Education
- 333 Kent Street, Sydney –Design Competition
- 55 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction – Development Application – Coonara Developments
- Westfield Liverpool – Commercial Tower and Entertainment Precinct – Scentre Group