Marieka van den Bergh has extensive experience in the town planning profession throughout Western Australia and Queensland in both the private sector and local government. Marieka has experience in statutory and strategic planning, development assessment, structure planning, policy formulation and amendments for a variety of industrial, retail, major infrastructure, residential and mixed-use development projects.
Since joining Urbis in 2014, Marieka has undertaken a lead role on several major projects including delivery of structure plans and similar planning instruments, scheme amendments and major development applications.
Marieka’s range of experience across various sectors enables her to be a trusted advisor for major clients, successfully facilitating development outcomes for many projects across WA.
Planning challenges our cities and towns to push boundaries, be smarter and more liveable, providing an opportunity to drive change in our communities and influence our built environment.
- Latitude 32 Industry Zone – DevelopmentWA
- Industrial advice – general and strategic industrial sites – DevelopmentWA
- Kalamunda Activity Centre Plan – City of Kalamunda
- Westfield Whitford City – Scentre Group
- Midland Gate Shopping Centre – Vicinity Centres
- Nedlands Square Development (Captain Stirling) – Woolworths
- Commercial Development, Charles Street, North Perth – Saracen Properties
- Mason Road Lithium Refinery, Kwinana – Covalent Lithium
- Light Rail Study – Department of Transport
- Mining Proposals (Lithium and Infrastructure) – Various clients
- Perth Airport Master Plan – Grimshaw Architects
- Jandakot Airport Major Development Plans – Jandakot Airport