Justin Thomas joined the Commercial and Industrial team at Urbis in 2021. He has a Bachelor of Business (Property) from RMIT University with over 20 years of valuation experience. He is an Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute as well as a Registered Valuer and member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Justin gained his broad valuation experience both in Australia and in the UK.
Prior to joining Urbis in 2021, Justin was Victorian State Manager of Commercial Valuations at WBP Group for 12 years and was responsible for client relationships, quality control and completing commercial valuations for a range of clients and purposes. Justin also worked in the UK at Gerald Eve, working with the head of the Industrial department on specialised valuations.
Justin also worked with Egan National Valuers where he began his valuations career in 2001, valuing residential, industrial, retail and office properties for mortgage security and family law and specialised properties for financial reporting purposes including schools, universities and parks.
I have a passion for providing clients with technical, informed, considered property advice.
- 460 lot estate Government valuation
- Court-appointed portfolio valuations of commercial property in Melbourne
- Commercial Mortgage valuations in Victoria for major lenders
- Development feasibility analysis on various projects throughout Victoria
- Portfolio valuations for various not for profit and community groups
- Stamp Duty valuation on Coryton oil refinery purchased by Petroplus for 1.4billion
- Valuation on behalf of Scottish Power of Rights of Way over 187 acres of land adjacent to the existing power station for the purposes of sale to Goodman International for industrial redevelopment
- Compensation advice for Vopak in relation to severance of their UK rail link due to the channel tunnel
- Financial Reporting for British Waterways portfolio of assets throughout the UK
- Financial Reporting valuations of St Vincent private and public hospitals and associated assets in Melbourne
- Financial Reporting valuations for Parks Victoria
- Financial Reporting valuations for La Trobe University throughout Victoria