Dean is an urban planner specialising in the areas of statutory and strategic planning within private practice. During his 13-year career, he has worked with a wide range of clients and communities on a variety of development proposals, big and small.
Dean specialises in the facilitation of development. He is skilled in delivering complex projects, managing contentious developments and multi-faceted project teams, advising on potential development sites and formulating approval scenarios whilst maintaining a commercial and client-based focus. His experience extends to greenfield and emerging community areas, inner-city sites, industrial estates and non-urban locations.
Dean provides a unique perspective on contemporary town and regional planning issues shaped through experiences in Queensland, northern New South Wales and the United Kingdom.
Dean’s career highlights include:
- Herston Quarter Redevelopment
- Howard Smith Wharves
- Priority Port of Townsville Master Plan and Overlay
- Brisbane Quarter
- CSIRO Indooroopilly Redevelopment
- Park Ridge Major Urban Extension
- Murwillumbah Retail and Food Outlet Development
- Biloela Shoppingworld Extension
- Boral Tannum Sands + Roseneath Extractive Industry Operation
- DTMR Gold Coast Southern and Central Area Transport Study
- RSPCA QLD Animal Care Campus and State Headquarters
- Bromelton Multi-Modal Inland Port Land Use Plan
- Westgate Oxford Town Centre Redevelopment
- Various Primary and Secondary Schools across East London