Colby is a highly skilled engagement and communications practitioner with over 15 years’ experience in the property, mining, water and sewerage, telecommunications, not for profit, local, state and federal government sectors.
With a strong communications background, Colby excels at relationship building, business partnering and driving engagement and communications and media strategies to achieve best practice outcomes for Urbis’ clients.
Colby has a particular focus in crisis management strategies and communications and government relations, which were heavily applied in her mining, infrastructure and local, state and federal government experience.
Her past work on the Love Our Living Lakes Project was a National Finalist: Government Communication Australia Awards and winner of two Keep NSW Beautiful Awards for communication and engagement programs.
Colby has led a number of national engagement projects resulting in positive mutual outcomes and shared value for the community and her clients.
Colby has been fundamental in a number of projects throughout Australia, including:
- nbn Co Roll Out Engagement and Consultation – State Lead NSW/ACT
- Development of Engage Me Framework and online consultation hub – Wyong Shire Council
- Local Environment Plan/Development Control Plan/Settlement Strategy consultation development and execution – Wyong Shire Council
- Love Our Living Lakes: Tuggerah Lakes Estuary Management Plan – Wyong Shire Council
- Crisis communication and community engagement: January 2011 floods – Queensland Urban Utilities
- Western Desert Kidney Health Project (in collaboration with federal and state governments) – BHP Billiton