Ashleigh Persian is a heritage consultant and property advisor experienced in providing practical, strategic and robust advice to her clients.
Ashleigh is passionate about the holistic analysis of heritage assets to identify opportunities for contemporary change and activation. Ashleigh advocates that heritage places should not be frozen in time and can be adapted to meaningfully protect their significance.
Drawing on her extensive property valuation and strategic advisory background, Ashleigh knows the value of evidence-based, site-specific advice that focuses on solutions.
Ashleigh has been the heritage lead for several high profile and strategic projects for both private and Government based clients including the Atlassian Central project at the Tech Hub Precinct, Central Station and the InterContinental Hotel, Sydney (Former Treasury Buildings) for Mulpha Australia. Ashleigh has provided strategic heritage advice and reporting for many well-known Sydney heritage landmarks including Transport House (Macquarie Street), the Trust Building (King Street), Gowings & the State Theatre (Market St), the Strand Arcade (George St), along with numerous State listed properties throughout The Rocks and Millers Point.
Ashleigh’s expert knowledge of heritage legislation at all levels of Government together with her high-quality attention to detail allows her to service clients with reliable and considered advice for the strategic management of their heritage assets.
Ashleigh is currently on parental leave.
- Atlassian Central Development, Conservation Management Plan, Heritage Impact, Heritage Advice (2020-present)
- InterContinental Hotel (Former Treasury Buildings), Conservation Management Plan and Heritage Advice for hotel refurbishment (2016 – present)
- Waterloo State Significant Precinct, heritage investigations and opportunities and constraints analysis (2016 – 2020)
- Transport House, Conservation Management Plan and Heritage Advice for alterations and additions (2016 – present)
- Beulah Homestead in Gilead NSW, development of a comprehensive divestment strategy for the Sydney Living Museum (2016)
- Millers Point & The Rocks NSW, heritage design advice and preparation of Section 57 and Section 60 applications to Heritage NSW (2016- present)
- Various State Significant education projects at Meriden Anglican School, Barker College, Kambala School and Kings College (ongoing)
- Provision of heritage advice and reporting for numerous local and state heritage listed properties throughout Sydney for Development Applications, Planning Proposals and State Significant Development (ongoing)