Andrew studied Town Planning at the University of Queensland, St Lucia, and started his career as a town planning consultant on the Gold Coast in 2004.
In 2013 he continued his planning career in Brisbane and then moved to Sydney with the same business in 2016.
Alongside his full-time planning career, in 2012 Andrew commenced a law degree and was conferred with a Bachelor of Laws in 2017. After completing a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Andrew was admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2018.
Andrew’s law career took him to Cairns, where he worked as a Planning and Environment Lawyer in a large, national firm. In that role, he appeared in Court on behalf of active parties to Planning Act appeals and originating applications.
On Andrew’s return to the Gold Coast in 2021, he joined a successful builder and developer as Town Planner and Legal Counsel, before joining the Urbis team, where he is an Associate Director in planning.
Andrew’s project experience:
- Pimpama residential subdivision (Karingal Drive) – 82 lots
- Coomera residential subdivision (Cnr Foxwell Road & Finnegan Way) – 77 lots
- Pimpama residential subdivision (Cnr Gawthern Road & Karingal Drive) – 23 lots
- ‘BUPA Aged Care Tugun’, Mirreen Drive, Tugun – 150-bed aged care development plus residential subdivision
- ‘Chevron One’, Stanhill Drive, Chevron Island – 236 apartments
- ‘The Foundry’ Woolloongabba – 88 apartments
- Commercial redevelopment, Cnr James & Connor streets, Burleigh Heads
- Large commercial office building, Commerce Drive, Robina
- Mango Hill townhouse development, Kinsellas Road West – 64 dwellings
- Calamvale townhouse developments, Menser Street and Ormskirk Road – 42 & 27 dwellings
- Several large ‘residential flat building’ developments in Western Sydney
- Childcare centres (various)